Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tasty Thursday: Muffin Love

{Rhubarb Lemon Muffins | Taste of Home}

I love rhubarb. And I love muffins. My girlfriends still giggle over the Great Muffin Hunt of 2006. Ever since seeing this recipe posted online, I've been patiently waiting to try it. As today was a grocery shopping day, I picked up the last few items I needed and after supper got to work. (Supper, by the way, was chicken stir fry with this sweet and sour sauce, which was more sweet than sour, but satisfying nonetheless.) This time, I actually followed the recipe. I didn't substitute, I didn't cut corners. And they look and smell delicious. :D I'm still waiting on them to cool enough from the oven to actually eat one without endangering my mouth.

Behold: The Muffin.

(Disclaimer: The recipe said it would make 12 muffins. I got 18 out of the batch.) This recipe was easy to follow, and I'm looking forward to breakfast time the next few days! I anticipate they'll disappear in the next few days, and I'm oh, so ok with that.

Here's the recipe if you fancy making a batch of your own: Rhubarb Lemon Muffins

What are your go-to summer baked goods? Do you make use of local foods in your cooking?

No comments:

Post a Comment