|6:30 am. Look at all that snow falling from the sky!|
As a result, today is a slow day. (Oh studious students, where are you?! Finals start Monday, and the library is eerily quiet...) But wait! I have reasons to make it better and find the joy and gratitude in today:
1. Leftover Kehde's for lunch. Because seriously. There's not much better than that. In fact, I told D last night that if/when he gets another call that we decide to accept, Kehde's has to move with us. It's not an option in my book.
2. Coffee and tea. Yes, please!
3. Warm, delightfully wooly knits. Comfort at its finest.
4. A relaxing weekend to look forward to, with only a few errands and chores planned, and maybe an event or two to attend.
5. A chance to work on some bigger projects at work without too many interruptions.
6. My renewed love of reading for pleasure. I've missed reading what I want, when I want. During the past two and a half years of grad school, and the four years of college before that, I found myself with little time to read anything other than textbooks and scholarly articles. And now that that phase of my life has come to an end, I'm SO HAPPY to have the time and energy to read fun things again! Last night I finished The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat and it was delightful. Witty, funny, painfully honest, realistic... everything that makes a good story great. (Plus, I'll be honest. I laughed out loud at all the fun poked at Lutherans throughout the novel.) The only problem is now I have that all-too-familiar "book hangover," where I'm not ready to move on to something else yet, but want to keep reading. :)
7. A tasty, relaxing dinner out with my husband. It's always nice to reconnect after a long week, isn't it?
Snowy Fridays in May maybe aren't so bad afterall...