Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Finished Object: Chopper Mittens

Brother-the-younger requested some chopper mitten liners quite a while back. He made the outer parts himself... I never realized how resourceful our family can be. After almost two months on the needles, I'm finally finished with them. Ends woven in and everything! (Weaving in ends? Yeah... definitely my least favorite part.)

Yay!! Mittens finished with plenty of time to spare.
This was my first attempt at knitting mittens, and I'd say it was pretty successful. The pattern made sense, although following the layout was confusing at times. Glad to have finished these... there's so much more summer knitting that's just waiting in the queue!

2 comments:

  1. I spy Packer fabric! :D I've always wanted to knit mittens, but I really should stay with beginner projects...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That fabric was the wrapping paper for one of our wedding presents! Once you've knit a hat, mittens aren't that challenging.

      Delete