Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's been an interesting couple of days...

I pulled out my sewing machine the other day, but quickly remembered just how frustrated I get when sewing. For someone who tends to like details, I often get annoyed with all the little things and finishing touches on sewing projects. Today I'm determined to finish Green Skirt (just need to tack the yoke and hem it up, but then I think I'm putting away all the sewing for a different day.

And then we'll be back to knitting. I guess this has taught me knitting really is my first (and only?) craft love! Turns out I have so much more patience with knitting than any other craft.

In other news, I'm still waiting to hear about grad school stuff for next semester.... which starts in 10 days. So not happy about the lack of communication going on here..... I'm trying to remain patient and hopeful, but I'm getting really frustrated. And that makes me want to cry.

And since it snowed last night (finally!), even though most of it's melting off already, and we only got a dusting on the ground here, I just may pop over to the movie store and rent Girl with the Pearl Earring. I read the book a few years ago, couldn't put it down, and loved it. Maybe it's time to indulge in some Colin Firth love as well. Perhaps that will also help raise my spirits from this bizarre stir-craziness that's taken hold of me. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment