Monday, December 19, 2011

Semester: Complete!

Just taking a few moments while the dryer's finishing to say : THE SEMESTER'S OVER!!! I SURVIVED!

It's been a long, busy semester... lots of changes and adjustments, with a few breakdowns mixed in for good measure. It's hard to believe that it's only been 3.5 months since the semester began- it feels like much longer ago, and I'm equally amazed how much we fit into a semester's worth of learning.

So now that my finals are complete, and I have a few minutes to catch my breath, let me tell you. I am so much more relaxed than I was, even yesterday. It's a wonderful feeling! Slept in until 10:30 today without guilt, am currently wading through the mountain of laundry begging to be clean, and am finishing up the last minute Christmas shopping. Planning on writing some Christmas cards this afternoon, wrapping presents, and getting a few packages in the mail. Tonight of course is Knit Night with the Ladies, and I'm really looking forward to that- even more than I have been in the past few months. :) (Not gonna lie, some times it felt like just another thing to cross off the week's list, but I was always thankful for that break from homework.)

Tomorrow I'm finalizing my weekend menu!! I've been looking forward to cooking and baking for Christmas since last year around this time. Although I've not planned anything extensive or State Dinner-esque, I'm still looking forward to spending some time in the kitchen and concocting some delicious things. Pinterest has been such an inspiration for all this! (And I'm finally admitting right here that I will not be Christmas Cookie Baking on the same level as my Mom this year. I've got two, maybe three to make, and that's about it.)

I'm currently debating between these mini peanut butter pies and this chocolate pretzel pie for Christmas dessert. The rest of our menu consists of spaghetti (easy and tasty) and this delicious Garlic Parmesan Pull-Apart Bread (at least I've heard it's delicious... I've yet to try it!)! I'm thinking the big Christmas meal will take place on Christmas Day... so maybe I should do the peanut butter pies for Christmas Eve? We could eat them instead of cookies while opening presents. While sipping Grandma Jo's Christmas punch. OM NOM. One of my favorite Christmas traditions- hands down.
And wine of course. I've got a bottle of German wine just begging to be opened on Christmas.

And now that my dryer's done, it's time to switch the laundry and start wrapping presents!! :) And listening to the Von Trapp Family Singer's Christmas Album. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment