Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday Love Letters

Monday. The day everyone simultaneously dreads... I'll be honest. Lately I've found myself enjoying Mondays. Not because it means a new school week, and not because it means another week where I have multiple projects, meetings, and errands every single day. Monday means I've survived another incredibly busy weekend and I can once again restore a little order to our apartment. Seriously, every weekend in October has at least one thing planned both Saturday and Sunday -- it's busy, and although we all know how much I love being busy, it's also exhausting.

So Monday. I can ease into my day, finish up the laundry from the weekend, pick up from the weekend (because although I love my husband, the apartment's always messier by Monday morning), finish up any last-minute discussion questions/homework assignments, and of course, Monday means Knit Night. :)

In the spirit of Mondays as my juxtaposition of weekend and week, I thought I'd take the time to write a few love letters for the awesome things in my life right now.

Dear Husband, although we're both busy, I really appreciate you making supper the other night while I was finishing up an assignment. And for putting up with my random chatter about metadata and digital library things you don't understand or care about as much as me.
Dear wool socks, thanks for keeping my feet warm this weekend now that Fall is here. You know I always love you.
Dear Percy Grainger Pandora Station, lots of love for you. Every time I listen to you, you not only play excellent study/knitting music, but transport me back to my high school and college band days. You're my favorite recent discovery.
Dear Autumn, thanks for arriving. The incredibly hot and dry summer wasn't much fun, and I love all the opportunities you give me to wear sweaters/scarves/hats, not feel guilty for knitting with wool, decorate with adorable pumpkins and owls, and make delicious crock pot meals. Oh, and you're awesome because you bring back the pumpkin spice lattes.
Dear Crock Pot, you know I rely on you more than ever once school starts, and thanks for making supper easy, mess-free, and being the cause of my entire place smelling delicious. I don't know what I'd do without you. P.S. I'm featuring your latest wonder later this week on Tasty Thursday.
Dear Friends who Randomly Text Me, thanks for letting me know you're thinking of me and appreciate me. Your unexpected messages always bring a smile to my face and make the study sessions more bearable.
Dear Knitting Friends, thanks for helping me adjust the first few months we lived here, and for giving me something to look forward to every Monday night. I love our conversations, our creativity, and the support we have for one another.

Just a few photos I took last year on our conference trip to Tan-Tar-A.

1 comment:

  1. I am LOVING this cold weather! I love waking up super early and find that I need to turn the heat on! Then I can snuggle back into my covers and warm up. It's my favorite! :)

    I can't wait to see what you made in your crock pot! For some reason I never have much luck with my crock pot but maybe it will inspire me to give it another try!

    ReplyDelete