Sunday, October 14, 2012

Arrow Rock Heritage Festival

Whew! This weekend turned out to be even busier than I imagined, but I also had a ton of fun! On Saturday, my friend Carol and I headed over to Arrow Rock for their annual Heritage Festival. I loved it! It was so nice to get away for a bit from all the homework and normal stresses of life and escape to one of my favorite "best kept secrets." (Well, what I like to think is a secret, anyway.) Arrow Rock is this adorable little town tucked back off the highway, and it's like walking back in time when hard work and honesty still made a man (or woman) successful. The history major in me loves it every time.

I'd never been to their festival before, but I'm so glad we went! Even if we did get chased away by the rain and storms that rolled in earlier than expected... :) I was impressed with how much there was to see and learn! (And yes, we found the yarn. First, and completely by accident. I only came home with one skein, but it's so soft and squishy and pretty...) Enjoy just a few of the highlights from our adventure:

 Broom making!

 A visit with the blacksmith! (Did you know the metal is still about 900º F when it turns from red to black?)

 And of course, the pretty yarns from That'll Do Ranch. :) Mine isn't pictured... I bought it before I thought to take a picture, but it's from the pinkish-orange section.

Natural, undyed yarns. Look at how many won ribbons at the State Fair!

A festival's not complete without some dancing!

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures too! I just love the pictures of the yarn!

    My yarn spoke to me last night! haha!

    I decided to make a similar hat to what I was wearing yesterday in black with pink stripes. I think it turned out pretty!

    ReplyDelete