Thursday, September 27, 2012

One of those days.

Today was one of those days. You know, the ones where you don't have motivation to accomplish anything, even though there are things you need to get done? Yeah. That was today. {I'll be honest, I have these days more often than I care to admit, but not often enough that I'm concerned there's something going on...}

For me, this is part of staying home, being a housewife, and taking online classes. It's so easy to stay in my pajamas until the afternoon, piddle around, and before I know it, most of the day is gone and I have little to show for it. Oops. {On the other hand, there are also many perks to this season of life.} Of course, it's second nature to be my own worst enemy and biggest critic, allowing the guilt to creep in all too easily. And so we receive grace and forgiveness from the Lord.

Today, I've needed an extra helping of those two gifts, not to deal with others, but with myself. Grace and forgiveness to realize it's ok to not be as ridiculously busy as the rest of the week. Grace and forgiveness to move past my insecurities and worries and rejoice in the blessings of today. Blessings that come in disguise, and that smack me in the face.

-- A random text from a friend asking my advice on a purchase.
-- Suggestions from friends for a final project topic. {The assignment currently plaguing my mind. Another post for another day.}
-- A brief walk to run some errands that turned into a chance to clear my head.
-- My husband bringing home dinner, with options!, because I hadn't the mental energy to come up with a supper plan of any substance on such a busy night.
-- A quick phone call home during a culinary crisis that led to a cathartic chat with three different family members. {My brother actually wanted to talk to me. What?! Crazy!}
-- Fuzzy polka dot socks, a silly plastic Halloween wine glass, and the anniversary issue of Vogue Knitting.
-- Baking apple oat muffins and enjoying a mug of tea at the end of the day.

So yes, today was one of those days. We all have them. Days of blah and meh. Days of grace and forgiveness. Days of blessings. And the promise of tomorrow.

"The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." - Lamentations 3:22-23

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Those days happen to me all too often, and I let myself get really down about not getting anything done. And you're right, we always have the promise of tomorrow. Excellent post. :)

    ReplyDelete