Tuesday, September 4, 2012

it's the final countdown!

Tell me.... it's stuck in your head now, too? :)

Today is my LAST first day of school for a very looooong time! Hard to believe I started graduate school two and a half years ago... soon I'll be a Master! Yippee! I'm a mixture of excited and sad though... the first day of school has been one of my favorite days of the year for a very long time. And as much as I'm sad that this is the end of an era, I'm also getting more excited each day for what adventures lie ahead! (Remind me of this on days when I'm frustrated and hurt by the job situation, ok?)

As it seems to be every year, there are quite a few knitters in my classes. This of course makes me ridiculously happy and nerdy, but I don't like being the attention-grabbing one who's all "Have you heard of Ravelry?!" I find something awkward about having these personal side conversations on our discussion forums for class, even if it is a rather informal, get-to-know-our-fellow-classmates thread. Maybe I should just forge ahead and get more people on board. :)

I'm only taking two classes this semester, but they'll be busy enough! So far they both look manageable, and combine both the theoretical and practical sides of their respective topics. I've gotten to the point in my career where I would rather do final applied projects than write research papers -- HA! I never thought the day would come when I felt that way. Maybe there's no longer as much of the historian in me as I thought.

Anyway, I ramble. D has extra meetings tonight and I'm at home eating some delicious leftover fettuccine, taking a break before plowing through some of my textbooks tonight. So far, so good. Feeling pretty on top of things and not overwhelmed. This is so unusual... I like it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment