Saturday, February 25, 2012

Finished Object: Baby Blanket!


Can't believe I forgot to post about this!! After months of knitting and deadlines popping up in the mean time, I finally finished the baby blanket for my friend! And just in time, too, as is fitting for all baby-related knitting. Everyone knows that babies can't be born until the knitting is finished.... or that's what we tell ourselves. :)

One finished baby blanket -- just in time!

I think it turned out quite beautifully, if I do say so myself! I picked this free pattern up from a Jo-Ann's display on a trip back home toward the end of summer. I loved knitting this pattern. Intricate enough to keep my attention, but simple enough that I had it memorized a few repeats in. And well-written. Who doesn't love a well-written pattern??
Here's the link if you'd like to knit it yourself: Little Girl Pink Baby Blanket.
The Rav page, for those interested in additional project notes, suggestions, etc.

I've got a few more big knitting projects coming up, but nothing that's officially cast on. In the mean time, we're focusing on some UFOs that I owe brother-the-younger. I'll just say this: I'm thankful it's been a mild winter so far. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment