Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Perfect Day - 3KCBWWC



{Craft Your Perfect Day}





Today's topic isn't really inspiring me, as I don't really have a knitting or crochet hero. Instead, I'm picking up the wildcard topic for today: planning my fantasy day with my knitting. In my perfect world, knitting would be a huge part of my day, and it would be Up North. Up North has always held a special place in my heart, and I've always thought of it as a second home. I was sad this past summer when I knew I wouldn't be traveling Up North, visiting all my old haunts (although I have to admit, honeymooning in Pennsylvania was pretty great!), and relaxing without the busyness and stress of modern technology.


My perfect craft day would start out with a mug of steaming coffee, a chair on the dock, and my knitting. Sitting outside, soaking up the early morning sun, and listening to the chorus of nature, the gentle lap of water against the shore, and perhaps a loon calling its mate. It would look something like this:



Spending some quality time alone, knitting, sipping my coffee, and enjoying the tranquility that is Up North would set just the right tone for the rest of my day. Of course, a perfect day isn't complete without the company of my family, whom I love dearly. My family and I would go into town for a lumberjack of a breakfast at Paul Bunyan's Cook Shanty, and spend the day shopping and wandering through the antiques. Of course, I'd always be on the lookout for some knitting patterns or needles. Before leaving town and heading back to our little piece of Up North heaven, I'd of course stop in at the LYS and add some yummy yarn to my stash. Spending the rest of the day knitting and reading down by the lake would make for a perfect crafting day. But of course the day wouldn't be complete without a campfire supper, some cribbage and beer in the evening, and falling asleep to the wind whispering in the trees, knowing tomorrow brings another day of relaxation, knitting, and peace.



1 comment: