Thursday, November 10, 2011

Goldmine of Information [It's Mine!]

After a few fruitless endeavors, I am finally locating information for my Preservation term paper!! Expected, yes, since I am an MLIS student. Exciting- even more so- because I have a knack for choosing relatively obscure paper topics.... it's always been my bane during every term paper, but I can't seem to operate any other way. I think part of it is the knowledge that no one else from class will write on my topic. But honestly? It's also part of the fun. Hunting for information that may seem obscure, even though you know it's out there somewhere...

I was working on this assignment earlier today, and finally grew tired of hitting dead ends. So, I went for a walk to clear my head, which produced some excellent results. Except for my poor husband- he was on the receiving end of what I'm sure were very cryptic text messages. Thank goodness for unlimited texting- I knew I had to write down the questions and ideas somewhere before they were but a fleeting memory.

Now I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere! And.... I should probably focus a bit on the assignment due for Monday, right?

Other reasons for rejoicing today:

  • I made breakfast, washed the dishes, got my husband to work, and finished grocery shopping all before 9 am. If that's not productive, I don't know what is!
  • I found my licensing agreement for my Legal Issues term paper, and it's (naturally) longer than others I located. But hey, what's grad school without the challenge?
  • No cavities. 24 years and counting. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment