Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pleated Clutch in an Evening

I pinned this project over a year ago, and tonight I figured it was time to try it out! This pleated clutch is simple and fairly quick to sew in an evening. It only took me about 2.5 hours, but that included ironing the fabric, cutting it out, mods, and a separate load of laundry. Less than two fat quarters and a 7" zipper later...


It turned out bigger than I expected, next time I think I would make it just a bit smaller. It could function as its own purse at this rate, but it is perfect for corralling items you don't want floating around your purse, like makeup or medications.

Mods:
- I added interfacing to the outer fabric for stability. This worked out great, until I wrinkled my fabric while ironing it onto the interfacing. Ooooops.
- I also did some top stitching along the zipper to help it the layers lie flat. In retrospect, this may be why it's pulling and curving a bit at the top, but it looks more finished.



No comments:

Post a Comment