Friday, November 2, 2012

Applesauce, Apple Pie, and Cookies -- Oh My!


{Tasty Thursday | Fall Favorites}
Recipes, Tips, and Inspiration from my kitchen to yours.


It's been another busy week, and who doesn't find themselves busy this time of year? With Halloween over, costumes are going back into boxes, Thanksgiving plans are in the works, and for those of you truly committed people, Christmas gifts are being crafted and prepared. (I'm not quite there yet... I've got some ideas and some of the materials, but haven't found the time to start working on them yet.)

This past weekend found me busy in the kitchen preparing a variety of different things. Most of them went to our Chili and Soup Day either to serve or sell, but the kitchen certainly smelled heavenly!


I made my signature apple pie to serve with the Chili Day meal, although this time I decided to make it Caramel Apple. Yum!!




I also made some Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies and some Pumpkin Spice Cookies to sell at the Country Store.



From this....
And finally, I still had an abundance of leftover apples. Combined with my moderate Pinterest addiction, I decided to try out the recipe I found for Crock Pot Applesauce. It was easy, it smelled wonderful, and tastes just as good! I think next time I'll use a variety of apples, including some sweet ones. The ones I used this year were mostly seconds and bruised ones, still tasty, but not as sweet.

To this!
What are some of your favorite fall recipes? What have you been busy cooking and baking?

No comments:

Post a Comment