Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Muffins and Musings

I debated saving this culinary adventure for a Tasty Thursday post, but as I followed a recipe and I'm impatient, they're going to tempt you today instead.

Yesterday I woke up and found myself in a baking mood. I hadn't baked muffins in a while, and this delicious recipe is in one of my favorite muffin books. Way back in the college days (Haha! Like it was really that long ago?), my friends and I liked to walk down to Borders and discovered it on one of our excursions.


Cinnamon and Walnut muffins, anyone? I enjoyed one this morning with my coffee (in my favorite mug, of course!), and they're definitely a keeper! Next time though, I think I'll add a little more cinnamon. ;)

I don't have much else to discuss, although I am working on a few gifts for some friends and should hopefully have those finished within the next few days.

Also, there's something about 4-part harmony that makes me really happy. I've been listening to quite a bit of Lutheran Public Radio lately, and it's been nice to have so much church music running through my head. I've even been able to recognize a few artists without looking! Downside: how much it makes me nostalgic for college and our wonderful music program, singing in the chapel choir, and going to chapel (especially on festival days... so much musical gloriousness). Upside: makes me eager for Christmas and listening to Lessons and Carols again!

Hubby has meetings tonight, which means I'm so cooking tilapia for supper! :)


{The cookbook, for anyone interested: 1 Mix, 100 Muffins by Susanna Tee.}

1 comment: