Saturday, October 19, 2013

coffee and cozy and chicken, oh my.

I'm sitting here bundled up in my sweatshirt and pathetically warming my hands on my once-steaming hot cup of coffee. Apparently we decided to skip the majority of our lovely fall temperatures and go from the sweltering 90s to something much... chillier.

Supper tonight is going to be warm and delicious. Trying out this Balsamic Bruschetta Chicken recipe from Budget Bytes. It looks good, and anything that's easy and uses up what I've got in the fridge is a plus for me.

Lately, I've been on a real coffee cozy knitting kick. These varying patterns are great for using up little remnants of skeins leftover from other projects. I'm planning on stocking up on these -- they're great for gift giving and donating to church functions and auctions.

This pink Pumpkin Spice cozy was so much fun to knit with the braided cable. Can't wait to make some more of these!



These two pink cozies were based on the welted rib stitch pattern. Just figured out how many I needed to cast on and they were done before I knew it! The second one is a little smaller, because I was afraid I'd run out of yarn. (I didn't. It was the skein that keeps on giving, haha!)

       

This one is a basic seed stitch cozy. I love how the purple button coordinates so well with the fall colors. I completed this one during a mini road trip the other weekend, and that purple button happened to be the only one in my little project and notions bags at the time.. Next time, I think I'll make it just a bit longer so it won't pull as much at the button.


No comments:

Post a Comment